Today’s article will be a bit different than what we have had until now. I know it’s useful for you to get hairstyle inspiration, but I believe is important to know more facts about the hair too. So that’s what this article is about: unknown or did you know facts about the hair. So let’s get started with the curiosities:
- Hair is made up mostly of keratin, the same protein animals’ horns, hooves, claws, feathers, and beaks are made of.
- Because heat stimulates circulation and encourages hair growth, hair grows slightly faster in warm weather.
- Men with shaved heads are believed to be an inch taller and 13% stronger than men with hair.
- No shampoo will make your hair grow faster. Hair will grow at a fairly consistent rate — about half an inch per month — no matter what you do.
- Except the bone marrow, hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body.
- On an average adult scalp, 25 meters of hair fiber is produced every day.
- 50% of men have male pattern hair loss by the age of 50.
- Unless you have a completely normal scalp, it’s important to pick a shampoo and conditioner that’s best for your hair type.
- For thinning hair, one of the worst things you can do is grow the hair longer, especially on the sides and back
- The average person has between 100,000 and 150,000 strands of hair on their head.
- Hair contains information about everything that has ever been in your bloodstream, including drugs, and is one of the most commonly used types of forensic evidence.
- Most drugs cause hair loss.
- Black is the most common hair color. Red is the rarest and only exists in about 1% of the world’s population, with blonde hair found in 2%.
- The only thing about you that can’t be identified by your hair is your gender—men’s hair and women’s hair are identical in structure.
- As soon as a hair is plucked from its follicle, a new one begins to grow.
- Balding only begins to become visible once you’ve lost over 50 percent of the hairs from your scalp.
- It is said that doing things like taking vitamins and massaging the scalp can help your hair grow faster, but there is no scientific proof to support such claims.
- Thyroid imbalance causes hair loss.
- Baldness is entirely genetic and can come from either side of the family.
- Maintaining a great looking head of hair not only requires a great haircut and proper styling, but it also requires you to think about your scalp health (and overall health).
- If you’re lucky to own a great head shape and strong facial features the best you can do is to go completely bald, when fighting with thinning of the hair.
- 18% of Americans wash their hair twice a day.
- Taking your hair short on the sides and back is almost always the best way to minimize the appearance of thinning hair on top.
- After you’ve gotten yourself a short, neat haircut, grow a little facial hair. It helps.